Another month, another recap. Is it just me or are months flying by right now? I feel like I literally just did my June recap, and I almost forgot about this one and now here we are a few days into August. Anyway, my July wasn’t bad. It was my birthday month so I treated myself to buying some books with a birthday discount I had, and I finally received some of my backorders from books ordered in June, so this month’s haul was pretty good. I’m still waiting on a book I ordered to arrive, but other than that, I’m going to keep my book haul as low as I can next month and try to get ahead on lowering my physical tbr!
I read some good books in July! My favourite (other than my re-read of These Witches Don’t Burn) is He Must Like You. After reading this, I also got to be a part of the virtual launch with Penguin Teen CA, which was really great! I had the opportunity to do a Q&A with the author and have a conversation.
Other than bookish updates, I just submitted my final assignment for my summer MLIS term! I’m 14/15 credits through my degree, and next term will be completing a co-op placement. I’ll be starting working from home which will be interesting, but I’m looking forward to the opportunity to gain some applicable experience!
1) These Witches Don’t Burn by Isabel Sterling (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️) (audiobook re-read)
2) Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
3) He Must Like You by Danielle Ullman-Younge (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
4) Ever Cursed by Corey Ann Haydu (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
5) Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
6) I Kissed Alice by Anna Birch (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
1) Thorn by Intisar Khanani
2) The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
3) You Should See Me In a Crown by Leah Johnson
4) Felix Ever After by Kacen Callender
5) The Weight of the Stars by K. Ancrum
6) The Dark Vault by Victoria Schwab
7) Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
8) The Falling in Love Montage by Ciara Smith
9) Burn Our Bodies Down by Rory Power
10) Ever Cursed by Corey Ann Haydu
Thanks for reading! Did you discover any new favourites this month?