Okay so this month.. need I say more? I’m sure I’m not the only one who’s life got totally uprooted and everything is up in the air now. Whatever is going on with you, I hope you’re safe. I’m currently back living at my parents for at lease the next few months.
The dream co-op position I was going to be starting in May has been postponed, and my program is conducting all their summer classes online. So at least now I can get through some more credits while remaining at home. I just submitted my final assignment of my Winter term, and it was a struggle to get the motivation the past few weeks, but I’m done!
The silver lining to my school moving online in the middle of March, and simultaneously losing my job on campus, is that I got some solid reading in! My month had actually started off pretty strong, despite it academically being a busy one for me, but here we are!
- Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- The Winter Duke by Claire Eliza Bartlett (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- With the Fire On High by Elizabeth Avecedo (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Fight Like a Girl by Sheena Kamal (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Look by Zan Romanoff (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Mythical Man by David Ly (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Beyond the Horizon by Lauren Brooke
- When We Were Magic by Sarah Gailey (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Music From Another World by Robin Talley (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour & David Levithan (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Among the Fallen by Virginia Frances Schwartz (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
I started the month off strong with two new favourites: Chain of Gold and The Winter Duke. I had fallen off the Shadowhunters world and have only read some of the short stories and none of The Dark Artifices, but I won an arc of Chain of Gold and devoured it. It was just what I needed to get me back into the world.
The unrated book was one I picked up a while back at a used book sale. It’s a special edition addition to the Heartland series that I loved as a child. It’s been a looong time since I read those, and I read Beyond the Horizon for nostalgia sake.
- Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare
- A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms by George RR Martin
- Among the Fallen by Virginia Frances Schwartz
- Sword in the Stars by Amy Rose Capetta & Cori McCarthy (ARC)
- Agnes at the End of the World by Kelly McWilliams (ARC)
- Mad & Bad by Bea Koch (ARC)
- Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon
- Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Medicine Walk by Richard Wagamese
- 13 of Looking at a Fat Girl by Mona Awad
A bigger haul this month, but I evened out on books read vs acquired so I’d say that’s a win! The last 5 books were a part of a large bag of books a friend gave me before she moved out of town. These 5 I am for sure keeping, but I’m still debating on whether to donate the rest or keep more. I want to just keep them all, but knowing I want read most of them for a long time.. and trying to reduce my physical tbr pile… donating them sounds like a good option.
How was your month? Any new favourites?