WOW, what a month! First off, Bookcon was amazing. Second, summer is here and I am THRILLED. Third, it was PRIDE MONTH. So, I threw my arc reading schedule aside and read only queer books. Naturally, every queer book I read this month was sapphic and I am so okay with this. Also looking back, every book I read in May was also queer so looks like I was already on brand before pride month.
With the warming up of weather, I feel like I got a bit more reading done because I absolutely love sitting outside reading in the sun. I love the heat and sitting in the sun and this past week has finally felt hot. I had hoped to get more writing done this month… but, #CampNaNoWriMo is next month so I’ll make up for it. My book is being finished this summer, just a little later than originally planned.
So back to BookCon, this was my first year attending and my first time to NYC as an adult (I had been twice on a school trip and with a friend when I was 14). I had a great time and it was amazing to be surrounded by so many book lovers. I made friends with so many people while waiting in lines (bookcon is basically lines and lines and lines). And came out with way more books than anticipated.
So in my book haul list, books #3-17 were acquired at BookCon. My highest priority ARC for BookCon was Girls of Storm and Shadow and I am blessed to have had the opportunity to meet Natasha Ngan and receive a signed arc!
The next bookish event I attended this month was the Raincoast Books #TeensReadFeed hosted in Toronto. Where I picked up books #19-21. After this event, I stopped by a BMV books in Toronto, a bookstore I don’t have in my local town, and picked up books #22-23. This month is definitely not my best for trying to not pick up many new books, but now I’m going to commit to reading more the rest of the summer than I acquire. I’m also going to need to hold back on requesting Fall arcs because I’ll be starting school soon and won’t be able to keep up as much. I’ll definitely still be reading, but going through much less books.
So now onto the haul:
1) Swipe Right for Murder by Derek Milman (ARC)
2) Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson (ARC)
3) Crier’s War by Nina Varela (ARC)
4) The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow (ARC)
5) Supernova by Kass Morgan (ARC)
6) Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan (Signed ARC)
7) A Match Made in Mehendi by Nandini Bajpai (ARC)
8) The Dragon Warrior by Katie Zhao (ARC)
9) The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd-Jones (ARC)
10) Rules for Vanishing by Kate Alice Marshall (ARC)
11) War Girls by Tochi Onyebuchi (ARC)
12) A Treason of Thorns by Laura E Weymouth (ARC)
13) Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan (ARC)
14) Elsey Come Home by Susan Conley (ARC)
15) Slay by Brittney Morris (ARC)
16) Technically, You Started It by Lana Wood Johnson (ARC)
17) Fate of the Fallen by Kel Kade (Signed ARC)
18) Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir (ARC)
19) The Grace Year by Kim Liggett(ARC)
20) The Good Luck-Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis (ARC)
21) The Infinite Noise Lauren Shippen (ARC)
22) Hemingway in Love: His Own Story by A.E. Hotchner(Hardcover)
23) The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White (Hardcover, already read ARC)
24) Pride Prejudice and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev (Paperback)
25) The Alchemyst by Michael Scott (Paperback)
And now for books read this month:
Oh, well I actually just now realized how little I read this month, but as for quality of books, I loved them all so that’s great. I am about halfway through The Miseducation of Cameron Post which I’m hoping I will finish before the month’s end, but as it’s the long weekend and I have other things I have to do as well, I’m not sure.
Anyway, that’s it for this month!
Thanks for reading 💖